Recently played

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small

Quick review on Agricola:All Creatures Big and Small. Now I had never thought I will get any 2 player games because mainly it will limit the people I can invite over to play this game. However after getting Twilight Struggle, I decided to take a look at 2 player games as well. Since I am in NYC now, I decided to get a few 2 player games so I can play with my wife.
After Gencon2012 (pictures and short writeup will be coming soon! so wait for it! :)) I was still itching to play games so I decided to break out Agricola:ACBS to play with the wifey.
1st round
2nd attempt, 50 points this time
It is a quick and fast game for 2 players. It is tightly designed, has awesome components (wifey loves the little sheepeeples) and quite fun to play. Its not very thinky and easy to pick up but since the "market" is rather tight there will be a lot of interaction between the players. 
Players take turns placing each of their 3 workers onto the "market" to obtain resources or build special buildings. Players are trying to maximize the space on their own farms and have as many animals as they can. Each animal type that you have less than 4 in your farm will cost you 3 demerit points. Otherwise, everything else will count as points for you. The player with the most points will win.
Not sure if it can last 10+ plays though as usually the first few moves are quite similar. I think the main replayability will be when both players are aware of each other's moves and plan to block. That will probably make it even more competitive.

I cannot wait to try the other games with the wifey and see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment